Friday, December 25, 2009

Bringing Your Business Into The 21st Century

Clear out the attic, get rid of the junk

My business and life partner, Alexis, is moving from sunny California to Colorado in just a couple of weeks. There are boxes and boxes of her stuff all around the house in preparation for the big move.

She told me yesterday that when she gets to her new home, she is going to get rid of a bunch of stuff that she no longer needs or finds useful.

We need to do the same things with the junk and beliefs that we have in our minds that are no longer useful or we no longer believe to be true.

Today, I was doing a coaching call for the Dave & Alexis Business Breakthrough members. I’m on a roll, things are going great, and then BANG, out the blue I say something that I was taught years ago that I no longer believe.

When I said it, it didn’t feel good because I no longer hold that belief. Of course, instead of just stopping and saying, “Hey, wait a minute, that was a mistake and not what I meant,” I tried to justify what I said instead of just explaining what I really meant.  (Have you ever tried to justify what you said even though you knew you weren’t right?)

It’s important for all of us to examine our beliefs in all the areas of our lives and see if they are still true for us and serve us.  This is not easy because our beliefs are, well, what we believe. But by taking a step back and questioning your beliefs you can consciously decide what is true for you and discard what no longer is.

It’s not easy but doing this will help you run your business and your life consciously so you get the results you really, really, really want.

~Dave Dee

P.S.,  I’d love to hear your comments on this subject so post ‘em here.


Bringing Your Business Into The 21st Century

No comments: