Monday, March 22, 2010

Working Smarter But Nowhere Near As Hard

Bruce Lee said - "One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity"

Since going bankrupt, I have had the forced opportunity to eliminate everything and start again.

In doing so I am only picking up & doing the things that produce the largest results.

I am working smarter but nowhere near as hard. In fact I don't work hard at all.



My life is easier than it has been for years, I have loads more time, I do less work but I accomplish more.

I spend my time only on things that benefit myself and others around me, I see friends more, I take more time off to look around, I've started writing several books…I am doing more in less time.

By eliminating the things that produce little to no results I have moved further forward in six weeks than I managed in the last 18 months.

And it is all thanks to re-learning what I had forgotten.

If you want to see how to overcome the biggest obstacle in your path then go and watch these videos Best wishes Andy Shaw

Woo hoo! Yes, “lifestyle business” is really meaningless, unless you’re talking about a business like a personal chef company or a personal shopper… I guess those would really be “lifestyle businesses” because they are businesses that directly impact the customer’s lifestyle! :)

I think you’re spot on about the stumbling block for most people: there is some notion ingrained in our society about what is and what isn’t “hard work”. It’s like the idea that many “traditional” business people or management types have that if you aren’t at your desk, you aren’t working. Today’s true entrepreneur understands:

1. “Work” happens everywhere and anywhere. It’s the ideas and getting them implemented that count.

2. A healthy life balance means better productivity, happier co-workers/employees, and better chances for success.

3. Success has as many definitions as their are successful people; success can be measured externally, but it’s the internal measures that really matter. 
The Lifestyle Business Bullshit


1 comment:

phillip skinner said...

I've found that no matter what I've done in my life, no matter what jobs I've worked, ventures I've started or businesses I've launched, the one constant that's always been there to buoy up anything that's not gone to plan has been property.